This episode is everything cannoli: the history and my experiences of Sicily’s most famous pastry which has become a film and TV star.
If you have any questions about this episode, please write them in the comments below and I will answer them as soon as possible. As always, if you enjoyed the episode, please share it with someone else you think might enjoy it. If you have a moment, please rate and/or write a review for this episode on iTunes. This will help other people to find and enjoy the podcast. Thank you so much for your continued support of Luca’s Italy and for all the wonderful feedback I’ve received so far. If you’d like to help me create and develop this podcast and receive exclusive bonus material and updates, please consider becoming a patron. Full details are on my Patreon site. Grazie mille!
The episode includes:
- My first cannoli
- Regionalism in Italian food
- A brief Italian geography lesson
- How cannoli have followed me
- The supposed Roman origins of cannoli
- The supposed Arabic origins of cannoli
- The pastry as a carnival joke
- How to make cannoli
- Why they are so delicious
- The pastry on in film and TV
My recipe for savoury cannoli.
A good modern recipe.
The scene from the Godfather.
Top 10 Italian pastries