In this episode I talk about ragù alla bolognese and its much maligned anglo-saxon cousin, spaghetti bolognese.
If you have any questions about this episode, please write them in the comments below and I will answer them as soon as possible. As always, if you enjoyed the episode, please share it with someone else you think might enjoy it. If you have a moment, please rate and/or write a review for this episode on iTunes. This will help other people to find and enjoy the podcast. Thank you so much for your continued support of Luca’s Italy and for all the wonderful feedback I’ve received so far. If you’d like to help me create and develop this podcast and receive exclusive bonus material and updates, please consider becoming a patron. Full details are on my Patreon site. Grazie mille!
The episode includes:
- Personal recollections of spaghetti bolognese
- The mayor of Bologna’s infamous spaghetti bolognese tweet
- The Italian attitude towards spaghetti bolognese
- Ragù alla bolognese
- Ragù in my family
- White ragù v red ragù
- The development of the pasta condimento in Italy
- Pappardelle alla lepre
- The French origins of ragù (ragoût)
- Pellegrino Artusi’s maccheroni alla bolognese
- Denti di cavallo pasta
- The Mary Berry controversy
- The development of the current ‘official’ recipe
- Where did spaghetti bolognese come from?
The Mayor of Bologna’s reaction
The Mary Berry controversy