If you have any questions about this episode, please write them in the comments below and I will answer them as soon as possible. As always, if you enjoyed the episode, please share it with someone else you think might enjoy it. If you have a moment, please rate and/or write a review for this episode on iTunes. This will help other people to find and enjoy the podcast. Thank you so much for your continued support of Luca’s Italy and for all the wonderful feedback I’ve received so far. Grazie mille!
The episode includes:
- The 18th century Venetian coffee house craze.
- The foundation of Venice’s Caffè Florian
- Carlo Goldoni’s play La bottega di caffè (1750)
- How coffee entered Italy through Venice
- How coffee spread from Italy to Europe
- How coffee became synonymous with Naples
- The invention of the cuccumella (caffettiera napoletana)
- The invention of Bialetti’s Moka.
- The invention of espresso coffee
- How coffee is consumed in Italy today
- The rules for making and drinking espresso and cappuccino
- How I drink coffee
My article about drinking espresso in a cup or glass.
Video of making coffee in a cuccumella.
How to make a perfect moka coffee